30.4.07

Being a Christian


Rom 12:9-21
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;

12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;

13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.

16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.

18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.


Right. So why do i suddenly put up a post about being a christian?
answer : It was taught today during worship.

I found it a very encouraging lesson. Not one that i come across every week. Made me think about my life more thoroughly. I mean, have you ever given thought about the verses? It's nice for me to come across these once in awhile.

Nowadays how many people do you know who loves without hypocrisy? Clinging to what is good? I see many of my friends losing the morales and values they've learned. I mean, i can't excuse myself. I know i haven't been quite who i would like to be.

Reading through the verses really got me shaken up properly. I beg you all, read it through once more. And tell me how you feel about it.

As for me, after reading it again, I wanna try emulating what is being said. After all, these are words from God Himself. There has to be a meaning to all these. Let's just say i can't do it without YOUR help! I cant change with no one to help me 'practice' on could i?

I'll start today!

I'll begin with an apology to all! (important → most important!)

To :

readers - sorry for not blogging as often as possible! sorry for being the lazy bumm i am! Bear with me people! cheers!

Friends - sorry for not being there whenever needed. I know i'm not someone who shows up at the right time, who says the right things, who knows comforting words, but i'll try my best if you would only let me. Sorry for being lame! Sorry for saying sorry too many times! ( i know some of you dont like it, but im truly SORRY!! ^^♪)

Bigbro R - Sorry for not being able to communicate well! I've been trying to think of what to say everytime i see you, but the words just dont form. I wanna let you know that i'm doing my best! thanks for being there when needed most! My big pillar!

piggy - sorry for calling you a pig! It just sounds nice on you. =) sorry for being a prick like i always am. Sorry for ruining everything. Hope i can make it up to you. (although, knowing you, you'd probably say "it's not your fault, it's just me" and "dont bother") Thank you for being a great friend at least!

God - sorry for not living my life like i should be. Sorry for not having a better measure of faith in You. Sorry for doubting what is best for me, even tough i asked You plenty of times. Sorry for not keeping promises!! Will do my best to keep on keeping on!



Well, that's a start! will keep on going!!!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home